Welcome to Motivation Guide
This is a selection made from among articles on Motivation. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for future reading, click here.
Weight Loss Motivation to Make You Lose Those Extra Poundsfrom: Christine P Gray
The motivation to lose weight is one of the most common problems faced by so many people in the world. If you're one of those who want to slash extra pounds, then you might consider the need for weight loss motivation.
Many believed that in order to achieve success you must have the will power to do so. This is really true. Just like in any weight loss program, if you want to lose extra pounds you must be determined enough to attain the ideal weight. Accordingly, most experts would recommend that you get into some dynamic exercise prior to your weight loss project. But before getting into the action, it is a must that you talk to your doctor or nutritionist first. Seeking advice from them is necessary for you to have a vivid picture of the personal limitations you have to face in relation to your weight as well as the steps you need to take to conquer your weight loss goal.
First and foremost, ask yourself this question: "why do I need to lose weight? To whom am I losing weight for?" Well, why not do yourself a favor. Lose weight for yourself and not for anybody else. It would be helpful if you make a list of the things that you want to do. Many people who go on a diet say they become more active, confident and gained much attention from different people.
However, what's difficult in losing weight is how to keep the weight loss motivation alive. Motivation is very important in reaching the weight you desire. There are some instances where people who engage in weight loss program would tend to lose their eagerness in just a month or so.
Weight loss motivation is crucial. It gives anyone who's into weight loss the drive to pursue their weight loss goals and keep track of the changes over the next few months. Remember that your mindset plays a very significant role in the success of any endeavor that you take.
Here are some of the things you need to consider so as to keep yourself highly motivated:
1. Check the weighing scale. It is a must that you weigh yourself at least once a week. This way, you can monitor any change that will occur - that is whether your weight loss program is effective or not. It is also advisable to keep a picture of yourself. Pictures before and after weight loss programs will help you gauge the success of your efforts. This would be your basis if you were deemed successful with your weight loss goals.
2. Make your imagination work. It would be of great help if you would see in your mind's eye how you want to look. Imagine the things you want to do in the future if ever you have achieved your goals.
3. Establish your weight loss targets. It's good to establish new weight loss targets if you have already achieved your ideal weight. If you're successful in attaining your ideal weight, why not set some other goals, perhaps adding some muscle to have yourself in perfect shape.
4. Don't rush things. Don't expect to achieve your ideal weight in an instant. Don't go beyond the limits. It's best to take it one step at a time. It helps if you have a food diary. With a food diary, you can keep track of the food that you eat as well as the emotions that you feel. This is necessary since it's a well-known fact that people tend to overeat due to some emotional reasons.
5. Just think of the all the complications associated with obesity.
Furthermore, health is wealth. Losing weight can make you feel better and will always keep you in tiptop shape. When you start to undergo a weight loss program, try not to lose your will power. Always keep yourself motivated. And most importantly, never lose hope and don't ever quit. It's just natural to encounter some difficulties along the way but never make them as excuses in achieving your goals.
C P. Gray is a recognized authority on the subject of motivation. Her website www.selfimprovementsguide.com provides a wealth of informative articles and resources on everything you will need to know about self improvement. All rights reserved. Articles may be reprinted as long as the content and links remains intact and unchanged.
Warning: file() [function.file]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /hermes/bosnaweb02a/b1208/nf.selfimprovementsguide/public_html/selfimprovementsguide.com/motivation/datas/searchfeed.php on line 8
Warning: file(http://www.searchfeed.com/rd/feed/TextFeed.jsp?trackID=&pID=&cat=Motivation&nl=5&page=1&excID=) [function.file]: failed to open stream: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /hermes/bosnaweb02a/b1208/nf.selfimprovementsguide/public_html/selfimprovementsguide.com/motivation/datas/searchfeed.php on line 8
Motivation Specific links
No relevant info was found on this topic.